The consolidated Admissions Brochure for all programs at IIITB is available here.
Timeline for Admissions to Master of Science (Digital Society) Programme
- 8th March 2017: Application process for the academic year 2017-18 opens
- 7th April 2017: Last date for submitting applications for first round of admissions
- 15th and 16th April 2017: Personal interviews for first batch of shortlisted candidates at IIIT-B (for applicants shortlisted after entrance exam at IIIT-B or with a valid score in CAT 2016 / CEED 2017 / TISS NET 2017)
- 25th April 2017: Release of first list of selected candidates
- 10th May 2017: Payment of confirmation fees by the candidates selected in the first list
- 31st May 2017: Last date for submitting online applications for second round of admissions
- 10th and 11th June 2017: Personal interviews at IIIT-Bangalore for all the remaining shortlisted candidates (for applicants shortlisted after entrance exam at IIIT-B or with a valid score in CAT 2016 / CEED 2017 / TISS NET 2017)
- 20th June 2017: Release of second list of selected candidates
- 30th June 2017: Payment of confirmation fees by the candidates selected in the second list
- 14th July 2017: Registrations for the new batch
- 17th July 2017: Classes begin
Time line for admissions to Master of Science by Research and Ph.D. programmes.
- 24-February-2017 : Call-for-Applications (Formal Announcement)
- 8-March-2017 : Online application submission begins.
- 8-March-2017 : Free Admissions Brochure ready for download.
- 31-Mar-2017 : Last date for online application submission, remittance of application fees.
- 14-Apr-2017 : Notification of selected candidate for on-site evaluation.
- 1-May to 5-May 2017 : Week of written entrance examination (as required specifically by research domains) and interviews.
- 12-May-2017 : Notification to admitted students along with admission offer letters via email.
- 26-May-2017 : Last date for remittance of acceptance fee by the admitted candidates.
- 10-Jul-2017 : Preparatory Term for M.Tech. program begins (optional for research scholars)
- 29-Jul-2017 : Joining date: orientation and course registration begins.
- 1-Aug-2017 : Classes begin for Term I (2017-18).
- 8-Aug-2017 : Last date for add/drop courses, and course registration for the Term I closes.
Minimum Requirements for Master of Science by Research/ Master of Science (Research) & Ph.D. Programmes
The minimum qualification for admissions to the M.S. by Research program is a four-year bachelors degree in engineering (B.E., B.Tech. or equivalent) and that for the Ph.D. programme is a masters degree in engineering (M.E., M.Tech., or equivalent, or M.S. by Research). M.S. by Research and Ph.D. degree programs are aligned with the research domains at IIITB. Hence there are several requirements specific to research domains which have been specified in the announcement.
Minimum Requirements for Integrated M.Tech Programme
The minimum qualification for admission to the Integrated M.Tech. programme at IIITB is a first-class in 10 + 2 (or equivalent) with Mathematics as one of the subjects. The detailed list of qualifying examinations is given below.
Minimum Requirements for M.Tech Programme
The minimum qualification for admission to any of the post-graduate programmes at IIITB is 65% in four-year bachelor's degree in engineering (i.e. B.E., B.Tech., or equivalent). First class degree holders in 3-year undergraduate programmes followed by MSc with first class in any of the physical sciences, or an MCA degree with first class, can also apply. First class or equivalent is required in 10th and 12th (or equivalent) grades as well.
Minimum Requirements for Master of Science (Digital Society) Programme
An under-graduate degree (of at least 3 years duration) in any discipline with a first division/class from a recognised University. Those expecting to graduate by 1st August 2015 may also apply.Prior certification of computer application/ programming from a recognised institute is an added advantage, but not mandatory. Relevant work experience is an added advantage, but not mandatory.