The goal of post graduate programs at IIITB is to develop professionals of high quality to cater to the needs of industry and academia. Such education will be based on a broad grasp of the fundamental principles of the sciences and scientific methods, a deep understanding of specific area of specialization, an ability to solve new problems, and a capacity to learn continually and interact with multidisciplinary groups. Above all, IIITB aims at developing in its students a capacity for free and objective enquiry, courage and integrity, and awareness and sensitivity to the needs and aspirations of society. The postgraduate programs are designed with the above goals in view. They include courses of study, seminars, project work, internships, and research leading to a thesis.
M. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering is a two year (4 semester) programme. The programme has been approved by AICTE. A student needs to earn atleast 64 credits, with atleast a CGPA of 2.4 (in a 4 point grading system) to graduate with M. Tech degree.
Students in the first semester will choose courses worth of least 16 credits, from the following list of courses.
- Digital CMOS VLSI Design (4 Credits)
- Analog CMOS VLSI Design (4 Credits)
- Machine Learning (4 Credits)
- Mathematics for Machine Learning (4 Credits)
- Networking and Communication (4 Credits)
- System Software (2 Credits) *
- System design with FPGA (2 Credits) *
- Principles of Embedded Systems (2 Credits) *
The students will choose 4 elective courses in each of second and third semester. Each M.Tech (ECE) student should do SIX branch elective courses.The last semester will be Thesis/Internship. Depending on the elective courses students choose, M. Tech (ECE) students have the option to Specialize in one of the following areas,
- Theory and Systems for Computing and Data (TSCD)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AIML)
- Networking and Communication (NC)
- VLSI Systems (VLSI)
- Digital Society (DT)