- E-Health Research Centre (EHRC)
- Machine Intelligence & Robotics CoE (MINRO)
- Centre for IT & Public Policy (CITAPP)
- Cognitive Computing CoE (CCC)
- Centre for Accessibility in the Global South (CAGS)
- COMET Tech Innovation Hub (NM-ICPS)
- IIITB Innovation Centre
- Modular Open-Source Identity Platform (MOSIP)
- Surgical and Assistive Robotics Lab
- Web Science Lab
- Multimodal Perception Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- High Density Electronic Systems Lab
- Networking and Communication Lab
- Indian Knowledge System Lab
- Smart City Lab
- Ascend Studio
- Radar Sensing Lab
- Mahabala Ganaka Labs
- Exchange Program
- Verification Process
- Programme Outcomes
- Academic Calendar
- Online Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Campus Life
- About Us
We invite alumni, individuals, government organisations, NGOs and corporate entities to connect with IIITB and to contribute to its growth. There are many ways to connect and contribute.
Platforms for collaboration/connect :
- Internship Program: Full-time, six months internship in the final semester for our M. Tech. students, running from January to June, every year. And two months internship for integrated students in summer from 2014
- Final Placements : Final placements for our M. Tech. students, graduating in July every year.
- Scholarship program: Full or partial scholarship to Integrated M. Tech. and M. Tech. students to pursue their studies
- Collaboration by funding research projects
- Collaboration by funding chair professorships
- Funding of lab equipment/software
- Delivering guest lectures and/or courses to our students as adjunct faculty on pro bono basis
- Organizing boot camps/code competitions / student projects etc.
- Participation in incubation activities by mentoring incubated companies and / or providing seed capital to them
- Instituting Chair Professorship
- Faculty/student travel grants and donation
Donations to the institute will be exempt under sec 80 G of the Income tax Act, 1961, vide No. DIT(E)BLR/80G(R)/11/AAATI1037P/ITO(E)-1/Vol2012-13 dated 19/02/2013. (click here)
Contributions to our research fund will be exempt under section 35 (1) (ii) of the income tax Act, 1961 Act, vide Notification No 12/2013 and F. No. 203/9/2012/ITA-II dated 20th February, 2013 issued by Central Board of Direct Taxes, Govt of India, which provides for 175% of the contribution to be allowed as deductible expenditure in computing taxable income. (click here)
IIIT Bangalore was established in 1999 due to a joint initiative from Government of Karnataka and the IT industry. Today, it has become the largest Graduate School (Masters and Doctoral Programs) in IT in India.
The mission of the Institute is to build on the track record set by India in general and Bangalore in particular, to enable India to play a key role in the global IT scenario through a world class institute with a focus on education and research, entrepreneurship and innovation.
The Institute was structured as a Registered Society, with seven founding members drawn from Government, Industry and Academia. It now consists of, apart from founding members, Patron members (industries who donate Rs 1 crore and above), Industry members, and, Individuals who have the expertise and have made significant contribution to IT. The Institute is managed by a Governing Body. The Governing Body currently has 17 members, with 9 elected from among the members of the society, six invited (drawn from Government of Karnataka, Government of India, Academic Institutions, Industry Bodies like NASSCOM), one representing alumni and the Director. Even the persons drawn from the governments or academic institutions are invited by the Governing Body.
The Institute engages itself in education and research, entrepreneurship and innovation and activities of think tank to assist government and industry in better utilisation of Information Technology.