- About Us
- Master's Programmes
- Integrated Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Programme Outcomes
- Continuing Professional Education
- Deans List
- Summer Internship
- Student Merit Scholarship
- Academic Calendar
Research & Innovation
Centres & Platforms
- E-Health Research Centre (EHRC)
- Machine Intelligence & Robotics CoE (MINRO)
- Centre for IT & Public Policy (CITAPP)
- Cognitive Computing CoE (CCC)
- Centre for Accessibility in the Global South (CAGS)
- COMET Tech Innovation Hub (NM-ICPS)
- IIITB Innovation Centre
- Modular Open-Source Identity Platform (MOSIP)
- IMACX Open Innovation Platform (IMACX)
- Life At IIITB
IQAC @ IIITB
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was set up at the institute post NAAC accreditation, (Accreditation Cycle 1) to work as a facilitative and participatory unit of the institute for sustaining and improving the quality of the academic and research pursuits.
The main task of the IQAC is to:
- To coordinate with all the functional units of the institute and list out the quality enhancement initiatives and to take initiative in implementing the same.
- Plan strategies in minimizing the deficiencies in the system and processes, which results in better quality outcome of the institutional functioning.
- Develop an evaluation system to monitor the sustenance and improvement in the overall performance of the institute.
- Provide regular audit feedbacks for curriculum improvement based on the industry trends and employability of the students in the emerging sectors.
- Ensure holistic academic excellence.
To impart quality education in the fields of Information Technology (IT) & Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) streams and Digital Technologies focused on Societal needs; foster an environment conducive for interdisciplinary research; strive for academic and research excellence in the above fields.
To focus on improving the academic and administrative performance of the institute; devise and recommend the best practices for implementing in the system/ procedures that ensures timely, efficient and effective performance of academic and administrative tasks; ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services for optimal utilization in achieving the vision and mission of the institute.
- Formulating and implementing quality benchmarks for all academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
- Facilitating and ensuring faculty adopt the requisite knowledge and technology in the teaching and learning process for imparting quality education; fostering a learner – centric academic environment.
- Provide inputs to the Senate by reviewing and recommending important quality initiative proposals/ measures.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Organizing workshops and seminars related to academic and research activities of the institute as well on quality enhancement.
- Audit conduct of periodical intra and inter-college extra-curricular activities at the institute.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institute in coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audits and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQAR) to NAAC on a timely manner as well as support the institute academic and administrative machinery in other accreditation and ranking processes.
Strategies to achieve the above:
To be in coherence with the UGC/MHRD and other regulatory agency directives, and to compete and meet with the challenges posed by the globalization, IQAC constantly strive to formulate strategies that,
- Promote & ensure timely, efficient progress in the performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks by constantly monitoring actionable points.
- Ensure that relevant and quality academic/ research programmes are carried out, and update and modify the same (if need be) through continual review and feedback.
- Optimize and integrate the latest methods in teaching and learning process.
- Maintain credibility of assessment and evaluation procedures.
IQAC MEETING AGENDA AND MINUTES